Signs on the backside of stairwell doors indicate if re-entry to the floor is possible. Our designated re-entry doors are located on the 1st, 4th, 8th, 12th, 17th, 21st, 25th, and 29th floors. In some cases these doors are fitted with fail-safe system, allowing the doors to be un-locked only in the event of an emergency.
Stairwell Safety Instructions: When evacuation is required:
- Move quickly, but do not run.
- Go to the designated stairwell or exit.
- Remove high heels to prevent injuries (carry them)
- Allow room for others to enter in an orderly flow of traffic but do not hold up traffic unnecessarily.
- Get assistance for those who are slower moving or physically impaired.
- To reduce the possibility of panic, dispel any false information, rumors, etc. or use words such as FIRE, etc.
- Treat injuries incurred in the stairwell, at the nearest floor landing when required and if practical.
- Complete the evacuation; do not congregate in the stairwell.
Once you have reached the safe haven, regroup with your floors Fire Warden and follow his/her instructions.